A)We have direct statement and reported statement.
B)We have D.Q and R.Q. - Focus: R.S is often introduced by the verb say and tell.The verb tell followed by a pronoun.When the verb is in present there is no change
Reported speech 2:
FOCUS: Verbs of reoprting:
- verb + object + infinitive:advise,ask,persuade,remind,warn.
- verb + two objects:introduce,offer.
- verb + infinitive: agree,refuse,promise.
- verb + that + clause: say,explain.
- verb + ing form: suggest.
- verb + preposition + ing form: apologise.
- verb + object: accept,refuse.